Sunday, February 10, 2013

Review: My Cowboy Valentine

Publisher: Harlequin
Published: 05 February 2013
Format: Paperback 224 pages
ISBN 10: 0373754426

A kiss from a cowboy ...

Be Mine, Cowboy by Jane Porter

Years ago, Rachel James gave Cade King an ultimatum, and he walked. Heartbroken, Rachel moved on. Life is tough as a single mom, but Rachel is doing just fine.

Now Cade's back after burning up the rodeo circuit, and things are different. He's sober, but with one burning regret. He has some work to do to show Rachel he's changed—but he's up to the challenge.

Hill Country Cupid by Tanya Michaels

Tess knows what young Bailey Calhoun wants: a mom. So when she sees shy cowboy Nick Calhoun giving someone the eye, Tess goes into full matchmaking mode.
Nick is happy to have Tess's help…but her matchmaking backfires. How can he convince his cupid that she's the one he wants?

I received the e-ARC from Harlequin via Net Galley.

Add to: Goodreads
Buy from: The Book Depository or AMAZON

2 short stories from Jane Porter and Tanya Michaels

Be Mine, Cowboy - Jane Porter (4.5 stars)
I'm not really drawn to the story. But I just loved Rachel's character for her love and struggle to raise Tommy, her son with special needs, as a single mother. I could not hold back the tears when Rachel said her son never kissed her. How sad. I could feel the loneliness she felt for she had no one else at that time. Her grandmother had passed away for several years, no husband or boyfriend, no siblings. She struggled by herself and too proud to ask for help from others. I also loved the idea that most people needs most of the time was second chance, and that's what exactly Cade and Rachel both need.

Hill Country Cupid - Tanya Michaels (4.5 stars)
This was my very first with Tanya Michaels and I loved it. I smiled a lot while reading this one. I loved the idea when the matchmaker was actually the one who needed help. I also loved when Nick finally realized who he really wanted, how he smoothly trying to made allies with Tess' two best friends. I loved Nick! He's very nice and sweet. ^^

I really enjoyed reading these two stories. A very nice, sweet reads for your valentine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment