Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year, New Blog

For a year, I'm blogging at rakbukudidi.blogspot.com. But I didn't write regularly, and I'm kinda confuse whether to focus it on Indonesian books only, or for both, since at the same time, I want to practice blogging regularly using English. Why?
Well, maybe because I was introduced to English language since I was in kindergarten. Not intensively. You know, just learn to count 1 to 10, ABC's, or learning certain name of fruits, vegetables, things. And then in primary school, there were no English lesson. So more or less my sister and I learned it from cartoon movies. But still, not intensively. And then I got English lesson in Junior High, and Senior High. I even took a course for three years. But amazingly (or ridiculously), I still find it hard to speak/write in English well. Maybe I just don't have the courage to do so. :D

Why did I choose bukubukudidi as my blog name? Well, I (and my sister, too) just thought it's simple. It means Didi's books. Buku = book. In Indonesian, when you refer to more than one, most of the time you just repeat it and put dash (-) in between. So books=buku-buku. :)
At first we both thought something like romancelover, romancebookslover, booksofme, myfavoritebooks, things like that. But well, in the end, we just decided to use bukubukudidi. Didi is my nickname, by the way. But you can call me Diah, too. :)

Ok, back to this learning English thing, I'm hoping I can practice more through my hobby, that is, reading. So I'm creating this blog for that purpose. To be more focus on writing and stuff in English. I'm not so sure I could be like any book-bloggers who are very committed to their blog, to t. I truly totally admire them.
But hey, that's exactly one of my 2013 resolutions. Well, guess I just re-write it here. 


1. Review more books
2. Update regularly. At least once a week
3. Complete my reading challenges
4. Participate more on giveaway hop and blog hop and a book tour (I haven't even tried it before for the last two).
5. Have two different book blogs for Indonesian and International (DONE! HA! :D)
6. Buy less books
7. Request less books from Net Galley

8. Read books that have been on my shelves for more than one or two years. Seriously, I'm a terrible book hoarder. I even have one book I bought in 2007 and it's still being sealed. -_-'
9. .... (I'll add some more)

So, here I am... with my book-blog.

Please, be patient with me. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment